Why choose Combined Financial Strategies?
CFS is one of the UK’s leading independent financial advisers, founded more than 10 years ago and based in Bath. But we don’t want you to take this statement purely on trust. We are completely clear and transparent about our qualifications, fees, approach and ethics.
Choosing a financial adviser can be a daunting process. That’s why we offer our ‘five Cs’ – to provide evidence of the quality of our service and to explain our fees, approach and the ethics that underpin our relationship with you.
Our founder Jonothan McColgan is a Chartered Financial Planner – the gold standard in the Financial Services Industry and the benchmark for professional excellence and integrity. Chartered Financial Planners must abide by a standard Code of Ethics (see www.cii.co.uk/code). This means that you can be confident that you’re dealing with one of the UK’s leading financial advisers.
Knows his investment onions
In your 40s with “peak” earnings? Here’s your perfect financial plan
ISA v pension: which is best for you? The Times
Understanding the fees you can expect to pay your financial adviser can sometimes prove difficult. We’ve developed a clear fee structure so you know exactly what to expect.
£1,500 / or 1.5%
To determine your objectives, create a financial plan, review your existing investments/pensions/policies and implement our recommendations. We charge a minimum fee of £1,500 or 1.5% of the funds you are placing under management if greater, capped at a maximum of £15,000. For example:
- Investing £0 to £100,000 our minimum fee is £1,500
- Investing £100,001 to £1m our fee is 1.5% of your investments
- Investing £1m+ our capped fee is £15,000
Annual adviser fee
£1,000 / or 1.0%
Our annual fee for providing you with our ongoing advice to help you to achieve your financial objectives is a minimum of £1,000 or 1.0% of the funds under our management if greater, capped at a maximum of £10,000. For example:
- Investing £0 to £100,000 our minimum fee is £1,000 pa
- Investing £100,001 to £1m our fee is 1.0% pa of your investment
- Investing £1m+ our capped fee is £10,000 pa
We are guided in our work by five central principles:
- We only work with clients to whom we can make a real and positive difference.
- We put our clients’ needs and objectives at the heart of what we do.
- We consider our clients’ hopes and fears.
- We are independent in everything we do.
- We always do the right thing for our clients.